jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The 5 Best Ways to (Pumpkin) Spice Up Your Life this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

The start of fall means the re-emergence of the pumpkin spice craze. Call me crazy, but the moment the air begins to get crisp and the leaves start to change color, I get excited. The time between the official ending of summer and Thanksgiving is the perfect time to indulge yourself in your pumpkin obsession.

Check out the five ways below that you can either get your new or old pumpkin spice fix.

1. Pumpkin Joe-Joe’s

This pumpkin take on Trader Joe’s classic cookies has been my best find this fall so far. They are equally pumpkin-flavored with just a hint of spice and will be the dessert to tide me over until I can get some Thanksgiving pumpkin pie in my mouth. They go great with a cup of coffee, or just about any flavor of ice cream!

Courtesy of Trader Joe’s

2. Pumpkin Spice Candle

This is my go-to scent that makes my apartment smell like heaven. It has just the right balance of cloves, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice. It doesn’t come off too strong, and it’s perfectly paired with the far too numerous rainy days we have been having here in Charlottesville.

Courtesy of Yankee Candle

3. Pumpkin Spice Latte

Ah, the classic. Who doesn’t love a good pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks? I especially appreciate the whipped cream doled out on top, topped with little specks of actual pumpkin spice. If you don’t like it hot, you can even order it iced, or try a make-your-own version at home.

Courtesy of Starbucks

4. Pumpkin Spice Cough Drops

At first glance, I was skeptical of these pumpkin spice flavored cough drops. Flavoring cough drops seems counterintuitive when you would think that you wouldn’t really care so much about flavor when you’re sick. But, who am I kidding? I’ll try just about anything flavored with pumpkin! They first hit shelves last September for a limited time at CVS. I still have yet to find them, but I will certainly be on the lookout.

Courtesy of Cosmopolitan

5. Pumpkin Spice RX Bars

If you want a healthier way to indulge your pumpkin cravings, go for the pumpkin spice RX Bar. RX Bars are healthier versions of protein bars, made out of egg whites, various nuts, dates, and spices. They offer every flavor under the sun, including seasonal ones, but pumpkin spice is my favorite.

Courtesy of RX Bar

Isabelle is a fourth year majoring in American Studies at the University of Virginia. In her free time, she enjoys binging on Netflix and taking group fitness classes. She has a tri-color corgi puppy named Brooklyn and has an unhealthy obsession with Trader Joes. Follow her at @islorenn on instagram!