samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Best Places at UVA to Crack Down Studying for Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

1.    The Stacks(photo courtesy of Pinterest

If you can’t deal with people making noise then this is your best option. The stacks will allow you to study in complete silence without any human interaction. This is perfect for anyone who has a 10-page paper due in less than 24 hours. Without any distractions you can push through finals and survive to see beach week.

2.    Coffee Shops(photo courtesy of theodysseyonline.com)  

I need coffee 24/7 especially when I am not sleeping during finals. This is a great way for you to have easy access to unlimited coffee and treats. UVA has a multitude of coffee locations including: Starbucks, Grit Coffee, The Graduate and Greenberry’s. With all these locations and one of them even taking plus dollars, you will definitely be able to stay awake to kill your finals.

3.   1515 (photo courtesy of news.virginia.edu)

What is that new amazing place on the corner? Wow it has sofas, tables, quiet rooms, crumbs café and an arcade area! It literally has everything in one place. Not only does this new hot spot at UVA have rooms where you can buckle down but it has an arcade in the basement so you can treat yourself for studying.

4.    The Rotunda (photo courtesy of rotunda.virginia.edu)

Who doesn’t want to study at the Rotunda. Maybe Jefferson’s ghost can even help you out during finals. The picturesque interior and great study environment will be sure to motivate anyone to get down to work!

5.    Your Room(photo courtesy of Pinterest)

Who doesn’t like the comfort of their own room? By staying in your apartment you don’t waste any time traveling, everything you need is with you. It’s even easy access for your bed to take naps in. I know that is what I need during finals! 

I am a second year at UVA studying economics and hopefully Commerce. I love binge watching Netflix in my free time. I also enjoy writing and reading fun and interesting articles!