4 Ways to Celebrate Spring in Charlottesville

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

As students fill the amphitheater to catch up over dumplings between classes, or flock to the lawn to study in the sun, it is undeniable that spring has finally sprung at UVA.  Take advantage of the beautiful weather and amazing opportunities to explore Charlottesville. Here are some ideas!

Hike Humpback: Hiking the Humpback Rocks has become somewhat of a rite of passage at UVA.  With the arrival of warm spring weather, now is the best time to round up a few friends and take in the scenic views of the Shenandoah Valley.  If you are feeling especially ambitious, wake up in time to watch the sunrise for a breathtaking panorama that you won’t want to miss.

Charlottesville City Market: Beginning in April, the Charlottesville Farmer’s Market is a great way to spend a Saturday morning.  Located right off of the Downtown Mall, the market hosts over 100 vendors.  Browse crafts created by local artisans, or drool over delicious baked goods and fresh produce.

Wineries: Inspired by one of Thomas Jefferson’s passions, Charlottesville is home to some of America’s most scenic and historical wineries.  Sometimes referred to as the Monticello Wine Trail, this easy access to 30 different wineries provides a relaxing opportunity to unwind surrounded by beautiful vineyards.    

Monticello: If you are interested in learning more about the history of UVA and its beloved founder, don’t miss out on the chance to visit Monticello, Thomas Jefferson’s mountain top home in Charlottesville. There are always interesting exhibits on display, or you can just enjoy exploring the picturesque property.

Student-athlete at the University of Virginia, that loves journalism!