This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Fall is my favorite season. I love everything about it. The beautiful colors of the leaves, carving pumpkins, being cozy by a fire, watching football with friends, going to a corn maze. All that good stuff.

But there is one thing about fall that can be challenging: the days keep getting shorter, which means it gets dark ridiculously early. Every year I have a hard time adjusting. I often feel like there is not enough time in the day for me to enjoy myself. This fall I have been trying out some new things to keep me out of the fall funk!

Waking up earlier

When I start my day earlier, I feel more productive.

Spending time outside

I try to spend at least 30 minutes outside a day soaking up the nice fall weather.

Keeping myself busy

Usually I love a nice weekend just staying at home, relaxing and watching Netflix, but now I try to do one fun fall activity every weekend.

Staying in touch with friends

In the conditions we are living in today, it is more important than ever to stay in touch with friends. It can be comforting to discuss how they are processing the time change!

Hopefully, these tips can help you to deal with the time change. Be safe, and have an amazing fall!

Kathryn is a second year at the University of Virginia and an intended Media Studies major. She plans on pursuing a career in sports broadcasting. Her loves include spending time with family and friends, hammocking, and listening to her vinyl collection. Happy reading!
Shirley is a fourth year at the University of Virginia. She loves coffee, books, and plants. She also hopes that you'll enjoy her articles!