This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Whether you’re lucky enough to have an in-person class this semester, or you’re toughing it out on Zoom like most of us, these hairstyles will go with any outfit and fit in the five minutes between when you wake up for class and when the class starts!

Braids

This one is an oldie, but a goodie! My favorite is the double french braids, super cute to keep your hair out of your face. Part your hair down the middle, french braid both sides, and tie it off with some elastics (or scrunchies!). Pull out some hairs in the front to frame your face, and you’re good to go!

Half up, half down

There’s a lot of different ways to do this one, but lately I’ve been loving the look of a half up bun! Simply part through the top half of your hair (like you normally would for a half up, half down look), and gather as much hair as you want to be up, then loop the hair tie/scrunchie only halfway through, and then wrap it around again to form a loose bun! Or just pull the hair through completely both times for a classic half up half down! Bobby pin or add another hair tie as needed. Bonus: tie your look together with a hair scarf!

Half up, half down ponytails

I’ve seen this one around a lot recently, so I decided to try it myself, and it’s become one of my favorites! Simply part your hair down the middle, then part through the top section of one side (grabbing as much hair as desired for the ponytail), tie it off around the “corner” of your head, and repeat for the other side! Bobby pin down any strays and pull the ponytails tight/loosen them until they are even!

Switch up your messsy bun!

We all know the days when you just want to throw your hair up in a bun and grind through those classes, but who said you can’t take an extra minute to switch it up and do something different! I have two suggestions for this! One, do a low messy bun! First, act like you are going to make a low pony, loop your hair halfway the first time, then wrap the hair tie around your hair again, and finally, frame your face by pulling out some hair in the front! Second, for a braided messy bun, simply tie off your hair into a ponytail, braid your hair, and then spin the braid around the base of the pony. Ta-dah!

Have fun trying these out, and who knows, maybe you’ll even get the attention of that cute boy in your Zoom discussion!

Julia is a second-year at the University of Virginia majoring in Speech Communication Disorders, and she plans on becoming a pediatric speech-language pathologist. In her free time, she loves hanging out with her friends and playing sports (mostly basketball and soccer). She's also addicted to shopping and bingeing the same shows on Netflix (Gossip Girl and Jane the Virgin are some of her favs!). She enjoys writing as a creative outlet and hopes you like her articles!
Nikki is a fourth year and a Biology major at the University of Virginia. Her loves in life include reading, animals, and cookies! Writing is one of her creative outlets and she hopes you enjoy her articles as much as she enjoys writing them!