31 Experiences All UVA Girls Can Relate To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

1. Seeing streakers on the lawn on your nightly walk home from the library. 
  2. Rushing to get meal exchange before it ends. 
  3. Not being able to find a single open cardio machine at the AFC. 
  4. Waiting for 10 minutes for the Northline bus that TransLoc constantly says will arrive in “<1 minute."
  5. The looks of confusion when you refer to yourself as a “first, second, third, or fourth year” instead of a “freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior”
  6. Watching entire fraternity pledge classes take over a table at Clemons on a Sunday night
  7. Getting tan lines from wearing pearl necklaces and sundresses at football games. 
  8. Breaking out riding boots at the first sign of fall.
  9. 
Going the long way around because of the constant construction.

10. Having a crush on Joe Harris.

11. Pretending to be on your phone to avoid people handing out flyers.
  12. 
Going to interest meetings for the free food.
  13. 
Not being able to resist Little Johns delivery after a night at Trinity.
  14. 
Not being able to resist Little Johns delivery after a night at the library…
  15. Having your studies interrupted by the cycles of tour groups that walk through Clark Library every 15 minutes.

16. CHEESY. BREAD.

17. Circling the city looking for a single open parking space.
  18. 
Student charging unnecessary and excessive purchases at the book store and telling your parents you were buying books required for class.

19. Rarely ever ACTUALLY going in to a football game (but you certainly dress the part all day!)

20. Instagramming a Rotunda picture #wahoowa

21. Running out of Plus Dollars by the end of the first month of the semester
  22. 
Wishing Bodo’s Bagels delivered

23. Dressing incorrectly for the weather because it frequently changes by 40 degrees overnight. 
  24. 
“Name five brothers.” “Uh…”

25. Wanting to be back at school the day after break, or the summer, starts.
  26. 
Not having enough money to buy new clothes because you spend it all at the delicious restaurants/bars around Charlottesville. 
  27. 
Over-doing it with the “gooey brownie” topping at Arch’s
  28. 
Watching as people hop the fence at Coupe’s to avoid the line, or the bouncers. 

29. Calling Safe Ride for a ride home late at night, and receiving their voicemail. 
  30. Being serenaded by one of the countless a cappella groups on grounds on your way to class. 

31. Annoying people with how much you constantly talk about loving your school, because it truly is the best University in the country. 

Arch’s photo credit: http://www.katheats.com/work-with-wine