toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Celebrities That Won Halloween This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Every year, Halloween provides the perfect opportunity to be someone else for just one night. From the candy to the parties to the costumes, it’s impossible to avoid the Halloween spirit. While our Instagram newsfeeds will likely be littered with photos of groups of girls dressed up as aliens and DIY interpretations of beloved Netflix characters, nothing can compare to the celebrities that went above and beyond this year.

Thanks to the power of social media, I spent my Halloweekend living vicariously through the snapchats of Kylie Jenner’s fabulously spooky Halloween dinner party and the adorable Insta photo shoot of Chrissy Teigen’s baby modeling her costumes. Below is a definitive ranking of the top ten celebrity looks from this year, ranging from totally scary to hilariously clever. Check out these enviable costumes for some major inspiration. After all, it’s never too early to start planning next year’s Halloween costume.

1. Kylie Jenner

Kylie killed it as Christina Aguleira from her iconic Dirrty music video.

2. Katy Perry and Michael Kives

Enthusiastic Hillary supporter Katy Perry and friend Kives were unrecognizable as the Democratic presidential candidate and her husband.

3. Amy Schumer and her boyfriend, Ben Hanisch

The couple was spot-on as Dustin and Eleven from the Netflix original series, Stranger Things.

4. Kourtney Kardashian

Kourtney Kardashian turned heads as a ghostly bride.

5. Colton Haynes

As usual, Colton Haynes went all out for Halloween, donning prosthetics as Miss Piggy.

5. Bette Midler

Bette Midler reprised her beloved role as a witch from Hocus Pocus, Winnie Sanderson, this year.

7. Jenna Dewan Tatum

The beautiful actress stunned in sparkling unicorn makeup.

8. Cindy Crawford and her family

Cindy Crawford and her husband Rande Gerber dressed up as retro punk rockers, along with kids Presley and Kaia.

9. Mindy Kaling

The always-hilarious Mindy Kaling got creative as Tom Hanks as Captain “Sully” Sullenberger III from the movie Sully.

10. Emily Ratajkowski

The gorgeous swimsuit model looked radiant as Cleopatra.