absolutvision WYd PkCa1BY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision WYd PkCa1BY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Culture > News

You Need To Vote. Your Voice Matters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Tuesday, November 6th is Election Day, and if you haven’t voted already– you need to!

You can’t expect things to change or improve unless you take action, and voting is one huge way to take action.

Many people that don’t vote are opting out because they don’t believe their voice will be heard, but imagine the serious impact all those people who are thinking the same thing could make.

Maybe the reason you don’t want to vote is that you don’t feel that you know enough about the issues that could be affected by this election or the candidates.But there is still time to do your research! This election is just as important, if not more so than the Presidential Election.

Make your voice be heard. Your vote matters, your vote counts.

Sydney is a senior majoring in Sociology with a minor in Psychology. She's an avid Youtube watcher and Netflix binger. Sydney's a lover of YA fiction, especially dystopian series, and she can often be found around campus, with earphones in, listening to an audiobook. As someone that is forever getting lost in books, she thought it was time to share her own stories and opinions.
Lauren is currently a senior at UTSA who is obsessed with anything involving music and pop culture. She is one of the Campus Correspondents for HC UTSA, and is in charge of social media and editing. You can catch her traveling across the country for concerts, eating Whataburger fries, or constantly scrolling through her social media feeds.