Why That Picture of Kendall Jenner With Acne Is SO Important to Me

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

I’m gonna be real with you guys. When everyone else was struggling with acne in middle and high school, I was living up my zit-free life. Other than the occasional pimple around that special time of the month, I was completely acne free. My friends hated me and rolled their eyes when I would complain about the pimple that was currently “ruining my life.”

Well, flash forward to my college years and hello acne! Literally, one day I woke up and BAM – acne finally slapped me in the face. While all of my friends’ skin had cleared up since high school, my problems were just starting. I’ve been so insecure about it and have felt like I’m the only 21-year-old still suffering with acne. I’ve gotten many facials since my problems have started, spent more money than I’d like to admit on skin care, and continuously cover my face with makeup (which probably doesn’t help but whatever). And still, my confidence is at an all-time low.

Now, I’m not embarrassed to admit that I love the Kardashians and follow almost every story about them. I recently saw that Kendall Jenner was shamed and attacked when a picture arose that revealed her acne. I was in shock that people attacked her for that, mostly because people forget that famous people are still human. However, I was so excited to know that even Kendall Jenner, a model Goddess, was suffering through the same struggles as I am.

For the moment, I felt a bit better knowing that even the famous people that I love struggle with insecurities that they can’t always hide or pay to get rid of. So, this article is a big thank you to Kendall Jenner for being brave enough to step out on the red carpet even when it put her insecurities in the spotlight. We are beautiful girls and we shouldn’t let acne or any insecurity hold us back!

I am currently a sophomore at UTSA. I am passionate about writing and I enjoy making people smile with the things that I write. I love Jesus, my family and friends, Starbucks, Netflix, and Sephora.
Dallasite located in San An / UTSA / Popsicle & Milkshake Enthusiast