Why Extra Credit in College is SO Important!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

So let’s just dive right into it… I have C’s in ALL of my classes, NO JOKE!

I mean sure it’s passing, but this is coming from a girl who’s parents would be seriously disappointed if there was even one B on my report card growing up.

I was crying for joy when I saw that my Foundations of Communications professor was offering extra credit this semester because your girl needs those extra points. I don’t know what happened this semester, but I have less than a month to get my life together.

EXTRA CREDIT IS A GIFT FROM ABOVE

Not all professors give extra credit so be thankful! “Uhh 5 points will not help my grade at all”

Maybe there won’t be a drastic change BUT if can definitely help that B to an A on your paper, or makeup that homework you missed.

DON’T BE LAZY

Sometimes you just have to go a little above and beyond on an assignment like do an extra paragraph. Sometimes if your professor wants you to check out a key speaker or event just go! Not only will you be gaining those extra points, but you can spend some time to relax!

IT WILL ALL ADD UP IN THE END

Once you see your grade at the end of the semester, you’ll be surprised what a few extra points can do for you.

A child of God and member of Her Campus at the University of Texas San Antonio.
Lauren is currently a senior at UTSA who is obsessed with anything involving music and pop culture. She is one of the Campus Correspondents for HC UTSA, and is in charge of social media and editing. You can catch her traveling across the country for concerts, eating Whataburger fries, or constantly scrolling through her social media feeds.