This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

BOO!!! Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you there… oh wait, I did! It is officially spooky season, everyone! October is here, and the ghosts, ghouls, and goblins are ready to roam (the nice ones, though). I understand that this spooky season might be different than the past ones because of COVID, but hey, that is A-okay! Who says we cannot dress up, stuff our faces with chocolate and watch scary movies while doing so? No one! So, my fellow scaredy cats, I am going to give y’all a list of some classic scary movies as well as some good treats to snack on.

Halloween, rather, October without a scary movie is just wrong, like seriously! If you all are like me and are not totally into the scary stuff, don’t worry. There are still movies out there to get you into the spooky mood without making you terrified. I am all about classics, and of course, good old jump scares in scary movies. If the film does not make you jump at least once, you are either a ghost, a ghoul, or a goblin because there is not one frightened bone in your skeleton. But… if you are, then well, moving on!

Okay, let’s get to the list of classic scary movies to watch with your boo thangs:

• Scream

• 1 and 4 are the best ones, trust me

• Halloween

• Michael Myers never dies, but the 1st movie cannot be beat

• Friday the 13th 

• Trivia question for ya: Who is the original killer?

• When a Stranger Calls

• Not to spoil but “how are the children?”

Now time to list some chocolaty treats to eat while being scared:

• KitKats

• Hershey Bars

• Resees Cups

• M&M’s (the spooky colored ones, of course)

I hope that you all stay safe during this spooky season but still, please dress to impress! Cuddle up next to your boo thangs, or if you don’t have one, then who cares! Eat your treats, make some popcorn, and beware because the ghosts love to cuddle.

Hi, I'm Natalie and am a junior at UTSA! Born and raised in San Antonio, I basically live at La Cantera mall. Catch me writing, reading or laughing too much!