This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

The most dreaded question someone who is graduating can ever hear: What are you going to do now? I mean, come on, give me a break. I just put so much work into the last four years (or more). Leave me be is what I bet most of us want to say or probably something not so nice. As a graduating senior this semester, I have already begun to hear this question from people. Allow me to give you some advice on how to handle this question. 

In no way am I saying that I am some sort of expert in answering this question. Personally, I have begun to hear this question from family members and a few people already. Spring break is barely next week; let me take my midterms first!! This question is bound to come up, and it’s best to learn how not to scream when hearing it. 

I understand that most of us have different paths we want to take and different desires in life. That is totally OKAY! Some of us don’t want to continue our education or get a big girl job right away. I am here to tell you that whatever we desire is for us to know, love, and not care what someone else thinks. We have worked hard and honestly deserve what we desire to do as of right now at this point in our lives. 

If someone asks you this question, then I say tell it how it is. If you’re going on a forever vacation, say that. If you’re going to grad school, med school, or law school, say it. If you’re job searching but found nothing yet, then go ahead, say that. No one is meant to have it all together, even graduating seniors. We are all on a journey of starting our lives and going our own ways. Please, do not get deer in the headlights when hearing this dreaded question. Relax, answer it honestly, and remember you’re going SO far in life!

Hi, I'm Natalie and am a junior at UTSA! Born and raised in San Antonio, I basically live at La Cantera mall. Catch me writing, reading or laughing too much!