This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Entering my senior year next semester, I have come to develop a list of items that I wish I had packed when I first moved to San Antonio to start attending the University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA).

Attire for all seasons

Fall is crazy at UTSA. Between temperature swings from being in the 80’s to be in the 40’s in the span of a few hours, students should definitely come packed and prepared for both COLD and HOT weather.

Rainboots

UTSA floods. A LOT. It is so handy to have a pair of rainboots to help you avoid being late for class because you have to map out complicated paths to keep your shoes dry.

Umbrella

Texas weather entails a high chance of sudden and unplanned weather. Having an umbrella in your backpack at all times might just be the shield you need from getting a cold.

Comfy shoes/comfy insoles

There are a lot of stairs and angled pathways. Walking up several flights of stairs to get to your classroom in the MH Building in stiff heels could mean being the best dressed in class, but also mean that you are the person hurting the most in class.

Snacks from home

No one wants to spend so much money on snacks at the PODs because we all know that tiny fruit cups so expensive at Walmart. Do yourself a favor and pre-pack snacks from home to save yourself time and money.

Cash

Often times, there are organizations tabling and selling foods and items. Most times, it is much more convenient to be carrying $2-4 in cash than to Venmo or Cash App the organization.

Twitter account

It’s easy to get caught up in work, homework, going out with friends, or even just Netflix binging so to catch up on all things UTSA, you can follow the UTSA twitter page and @MeepMeepNation to catch up on the trending UTSA memes.

Extra charger

You’re running late to class and you realize you forgot to put your phone to charge. This scenario is all too prevalent in modern-day students. Rather than waiting for your phone to charge at the charging stations between classes, save yourself the time and carry an emergency charger with you.

Reusable water bottle

UTSA has nifty water bottle refilling stations that pour out filtered water that tastes just as good as bottled water. Plus, it’s free!

English major graduate with concentrations in creative and professional writing and a minor in comparative literature. 100% witty poet.
Chloe is currently a senior trying to figure out how she's going to be capable of functioning as a real adult in less than a year. When she's not currently dealing with this quarter life crisis you can find her at happy hour, watching movies she knows will make her cry (& forcing her fiance to watch them with her, becaue #love, obsessing over her December wedding, and just generally trying to relive freshman year with her friends because she knows the best years of her life are about to end.