Back To School Fashion Hub R1 Hero 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Back To School Fashion Hub R1 Hero 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media

Underboob is so 2020 – Trend Predictions for 2021

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.
Brown and Earth Tones

In 2020 the neons came back in full force in all forms. More recently, colors like beige and brown, along with dustier shades of blue and green, have been popping up. Probably influenced by the rise in vintage style, earth tones are back and just as groovy as ever.

Lace-up Shirts – Middle Boob is the New Under Boob

These tops have been all over my Instagram feed. If you haven’t seen them quite yet, these tops are open in the middle right down your cleavage, and some kind of tie or lace-up detailing holds it together. The result is incredibly flattering for the girls and does away with the underboob trend that we were rocking beforehand.

Leather Comeback

Leather EVERYTHING. Leather pants, leather shorts, leather tops, and jackets, oh my! Something I love about this comeback fabric is the cool-girl aesthetic it gives any outfit. At the very least, we all need a black leather jacket in our closet.

Printed or Distressed Jeans

I credit TikTok for this new trend. We were DIYing, cutting, bleaching, and painting anything we could get our hands on during quarantine. Now all of that can be done for us with patchwork jeans or bleach-dyed patterns. If you still want that personal touch, though, just make a quick stop at Goodwill and the craft store.

Patchwork Clothes

If we can have patchwork jeans, why not patchwork tops? These mismatched print tops and tanks took me a little by surprise, but I was obsessed almost instantly. Another trend that’s easy to DIY at home! 

I’m excited to see how these trends play out in 2021, or if some surprises arise in these coming months. What trends are you happy to leave in 2020, and what can you not survive without?

Miranda is a senior at UTSA finishing her degree in Creative Writing. She is the Campus Correspondent for UTSA's chapter of Her Campus as well as being a member of Phi Mu. When she's not writing, Miranda can be found taking pictures that match her insta aesthetic, working out, or looking up her friends' astrology charts. Lots of aries energy over here.