Things You Need to Survive Festival Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

FUN FACT: We attended our first music festival this past weekend. Although it was in an amusement park and was fairly small, there were still items we wish we had in our purses. So, check out this list of essentials you need in order to successfully survive festival season.

AN UMBRELLA

Let me tell you right now… TEXAS WEATHER IS STRANGE. On Friday, it was so warm and sunny. We didn’t even know that it was going to be raining all day Saturday during the festival, so we ended up completely drenched! So yeah, def take one no matter rain or shine.

A WATER BOTTLE

You have to stay hydrated since you’ll be standing all day! We cannot emphasize this enough!

THE GREEN

NO, we’re not talking about the stuff you inhale #SayNoToDrugs. We’re talking about CA$H, girl! Just taking your credit/debit card isn’t going to cut it since there’s lots of pop-up vendors who only take cash.

HAND SANITIZER

Who knows what kind of germs you’ll be touching. Make sure it smells good, too!

TRAVEL-SIZE DEODORANT

You probably didn’t notice that your morning deodorant application was rubbing off from all the fun you’re having.

SUNSCREEN

Although it was a gloomy day for us, sunscreen is a MUST if you’re planning to be out all day and you know the sun’s going to be scorching hot.

A SMALL FIRST AID KIT

Accidents happen. You may not be able to mend a broken bone, but if you get a small cut or scratch, you’ll be able to fix it up in no time. You don’t want to risk any infections either.

PORTABLE CHARGER

These will forever be your best friend. We recommend getting the ones from Target since those are cheap and are sure to keep your phone alive to get that Snap of your fave band that’s closing the show!

A BACKPACK

Hello, where else are you going to put everything in? Your friend’s backpack?

Remember to take all of these to make for a much better festival experience! You don’t want unsuspecting rain, sun with no clouds in sight, or a random accident bringing you down. Trust me, you’ll be thanking us later. Be safe, be smart, and be FUN. Happy festivaling!

P.S. Thank you to Botanica Music Festival for providing the ladies of Her Campus UTSA with free media passes to cover the event! We couldn’t have experienced our first music fest without you!

A child of God and member of Her Campus at the University of Texas San Antonio.
Dallasite located in San An / UTSA / Popsicle & Milkshake Enthusiast