This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

There is no better time to let your creative side show than when Halloween comes around. As costumes nowadays are ridiculously expensive, here are a few ideas that are cheap and easy to create. Most of these items you might even already have in your closet!

Elle Woods:

Wear a cute pink dress and pink everything. Elle can never go wrong with an all-pink outfit.

Trixie Tang:

A purple turtleneck, white skirt, and white booties are all you need to become Trixie. You’ll have everyone swooning over you just like Timmy Turner.

Tourist:

One of the easiest costumes to recreate. A tropical shirt tucked into jean shorts, a safari hat, a fanny pack, and some socks and sandals are the perfect fit for vacationing in.

Wednesday Addams:

For someone who wears black all year round, it only feels fit to wear black on Halloween as well. All Wednesday wears is a black dress with a white collar. Add a pair of cute black heels and put your hair in 2 braids to complete the look!

Tinker Bell:

Two things necessary to be the cutest fairy are wearing a green dress and some fairy wings. You can also never go wrong with a small pouch filled with glitter to recreate her pixie dust.

There are endless DIY costumes you can do with your favorite characters, movies, and shows. Stop paying an arm and a leg for a costume that will only be worn once, and get your creative juices flowing!

Howdy! I'm Cassie and currently a senior studying Environmental Science getting little sleep throughout the semester. I love spending time with my dog, taking naps when I have time, and hiking the beautiful outdoors:)