Red Bull Last Stand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Red Bull is bringing athletes, energy, and an unforgettable event to San Antonio. On October 15, 2016 at The Alamo there will be the first ever Red Bull Last Stand criterium (crit) bike race. I know what you are thinking, what is a criterium (crit) bike race and why would I want to go watch people ride a bike? Here are some reasons on why you NEED to be there:

1. This isn’t your average bike event. These bike-riding athletes will be racing at speeds up to 40mph

2. It is literally until the last one is standing or, riding in this case. The rider in the back of the pack will be eliminated each round until there is only one man or woman left!

3. You get to spend time around what our city is known for, the historic Alamo.

4. It is completely FREE! That’s right, free food and drinks.

5. Don’t worry girls, I saved the best for last. Red Bull is bringing their athlete Addison Zawada (google him) to not only represent the brand, but to compete! (HE IS A TOTAL HUNK)

Whether you are going to see the competition, enjoy the Alamo, or just for a fun night out, this is guaranteed to be something like you have never seen before.  For more information on the event you can go here: https://laststand.splashthat.com

College sophomore communications major at the University of Texas at San Antonio. I am learning the ropes of how to maintain a healthy lifestyle, good grades, and an actual social life.