clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

I would like to cordially invite you to read on behalf of The University of Texas at San Antonio so that you are fully prepared to walk to stage.

I will map out the steps to graduation for you because if you are anything like me, you don’t have a clue how to do it. First things first, let me say it is not like high school where you don’t have to do anything but pass your classes and then show up. Well you still have to do those things but there’s more to it — and here’s what:

Firstly, once you’ve reached enough credits to be eligible to graduate, you will have to APPLY to graduation! You can login to your ASAP, go to Student Services, then Student Records, then Graduation, then Graduation Application!

There are deadlines to apply and you DO NOT want to miss those or you’ll be stuck waiting for the next graduation ceremony the following semester. If you do miss the deadline, contact the Office of the Registrar. Though the student’s name may not appear in the Commencement program if the graduation application deadline is missed, regardless of petition approval. So it is important that you look out for that email reminder and you register on time!!

The application deadline for Fall completion is September 15th,  Spring is February 15th, and Summer is June 15th.

Once you’ve completed your application for graduation there is a few things you’ll want to do before you walk that stage:

1. Verify your Diploma Information

You don’t want any mistakes on your big day!

2. Clear any holds you might have.

Pay those late book fees and parking tickets. Be done with them and don’t let anything interrupt your grinding. You’ve worked too hard to let anything get in the way of you and that diploma.

3. Stop by Career Services for what’s next after Graduation.

To answer that question you always get, “What now?” I don’t know Aunt Martha let me graduate first. Career Services will help you with the rest (;

4. Register with Alumni Association Online If you want to stay connected!

5. Order your Cap, Gown, and Accessories!!!

This is super easy, just go to GradFest or the Bookstore and give them your height and weight and pay! Boom done! Now start planning those cute graduation pictures!!!

6. Get Ready for Commencement!

Okay ladies now let’s get in formation!! Keep a lookout for those pick-up dates! Check your email for any updates regarding graduation!

Finally, Congratulations Roadrunner! You did it! You can walk that stage now (:

English Major. Creative/Professional Writer. Book Enthusiast. Music Lover.
Lauren is currently a senior at UTSA who is obsessed with anything involving music and pop culture. She is one of the Campus Correspondents for HC UTSA, and is in charge of social media and editing. You can catch her traveling across the country for concerts, eating Whataburger fries, or constantly scrolling through her social media feeds.