Style

My Top Retail Picks to Make Your Professional Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Let’s go shopping! I’ll be starting a work study job this upcoming spring semester and thought, why not share my recommendations for where to shop, and share my personal favorites with you.

1. ZARA

Looking through their website, I noticed they have a lot of options for your everyday business wear. Their button downs in particular are mainly satin and come in various colors. From neutrals to vibrant colors, these are perfect if you personally aren’t a fan of the traditional baggy button downs. And prefer a more fitted look. Their blouses depending on your personal style are trendy and sophisticated, When looking through the pants I really liked their styles, and feel they cover anything you could be going for.

My pick : Fitted Satin effect shirt

My pick: Pants- Ankle Pants

2. H&M

H&M offers more loose and flowy fitting button downs, with most fitting down past the waist as well as being neutral and light colored. If you’re more of a flannel type of gal, they’ve got you covered too. I personally like going to H&M specifically for the blazers. From fitted to oversized, I feel they add a nice touch. For pants, I think they have flattering styles and would defintely recommend buying a pair from here if you’re going for a more comfy approach.

My pick: Blazer- Short Jacket

My pick: Pants- Crease-front Leggings

3. cider

I recently found this brand a few months ago and they are definitely hidden gems to as spice up your wardrobe with the many patterns they have on their website. I personally like their button up cardigans. A lot of items are cropped but you’ll still be able to find blouses and button ups that are normal length.

My pick: Long sleeve blouse

This top could go with either black or brown bottoms. I think brown is a tad better but it all depends.

Honorable mentions:

• Burlington
  • Marshalls
  • Forever 21
  • Target
Hi! My name is Catherine. I’m a sophomore at UTSA, and I’m majoring in English. I love to write, and I excited to bring you interesting articles. From make up recommendations to advice on important issues.