body images 2019 10 28 FE6D629C C147 4DDD BE1B 6A17D0CCCE27JPG?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
body images 2019 10 28 FE6D629C C147 4DDD BE1B 6A17D0CCCE27JPG?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Mummy Returns, Sort of

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

I know summer is only two months away, but it sure does feel like Halloween around here. BOO!!! Sorry, I just wanted to make sure you were reading. In all seriousness, though, a grand discovery literally just happened on March 16. The ‘Cave of Horror’ in Israel, as they call it, was explored by some Archeologists, and let me tell you that the mummy kind of returned. Not to freak you out or anything, but a mummified 6,000-year-old child skeleton was discovered along with a Dead Sea Scroll. Curious, right? Okay, okay, let me go into detail. 

Since you are probably wondering if you should start preparing for the apocalypse of dead people coming back to life, I can assure you that you are fine. The skeleton that the Archeologists discovered was either a girl or a boy but was well preserved. After reading this, you all should really go look it up online because it is mind-blowing! Who knew a skeleton could be so well kept? 

A Dead Sea scroll was also found, which is written in Greek. According to the Israel Antiquities Authority, it is actually the missing piece of The Book of the 12 Minor Prophets.  The scroll is part of Jewish religion and actually is said to have some verses from the Bible, pretty cool. 

Many other findings came out of this exploration, but those two seem to just POP out at you! Additionally, this ‘Cave of Horror’ these Archeologists explored is only accessible by a rope going down at least 200 feet. Talk about the dedication these Archeologists have in them. I encourage you all to go explore these details for yourself before the mummy comes for you! Just kidding, but please go check this article out and all the detail it goes into! https://news.artnet.com/art-world/new-dead-sea-scroll-discovery-cave-horrors-1952209

Hi, I'm Natalie and am a junior at UTSA! Born and raised in San Antonio, I basically live at La Cantera mall. Catch me writing, reading or laughing too much!