This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

One of the most beneficial things I took up over the past year and a half at home was taking time for myself. As most of us might have been going through family emergencies, stress from school, or just feeling down, it might have been hard to get out of the rut of it all while staying secluded at home.

Although everyone has their own responsibilities, this shouldn’t prevent you from taking time for self-care. It might be hard to delegate time but even just a few hours a week or taking the weekend to relax is always necessary. Here are a few things I like to do when I need some time to forget all of my school and work responsibilities:

Movie and Wine Night:

Grab some wine and snacks and have a fun night in watching your favorite movies. With spooky season around the corner, it’s a great time to grab your friends for a get together.

Target Trip:

The actual happiest place on earth is Target. Whether you buy something or not, it’s always fun to walk around all the sections saying “Ooo this is cute.”

Nail and Spa Day:

Whenever my nails are lacking and I have time, I always like to buff, shape, and paint my nails really cute. The whole shebang for half the price.

Catch Up On Shows:

Take some time to watch a show or movie you’ve been wanting to watch. With so many new movies and show series coming out recently, its near impossible to find something you won’t like.

Whatever you choose to do with your time, make sure it’s something YOU want to do and start prioritizing yourself.

Howdy! I'm Cassie and currently a senior studying Environmental Science getting little sleep throughout the semester. I love spending time with my dog, taking naps when I have time, and hiking the beautiful outdoors:)