Let’s Talk Resting Bitch Face

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Therefore, I have a confession to make. I am currently suffering from something that directly affects the people who are constantly around me. Family, friends, and even strangers are subjected to my problem every single day.

As much as I try, I just can’t make my problem stop or go away.

My problem is called Resting Bitch Face (RBF for short). I’m sure you’ve heard of it. If you haven’t, then I’m pretty sure you live under a rock.

Please don’t automatically assume my mood when you see me. Chances are that I’m not mad at all! While rocking my RBF, my emotions could be anything. It could be the happiest day of my life, yet you will still catch me wearing that RBF.

But honestly, I believe a lot of people suffer from RBF, even lots of celebrities! Many celebrities have spoken out about their constant struggle with RBF, so there’s no need to be ashamed. It has become a way of life, for me at least.

Personally, I think my RBF is at its worst while walking to class because honestly, who in their right mind would walk to class with a huge smile on their face?! Does this make me an extremely negative person? Who knows.

I find comfort (even though my face doesn’t show it) when I glance around while walking to class or anywhere around campus and see others sporting their RBF.

Either way, I’m not changing who I am for anyone else. My Resting Bitch Face is here to stay, Sorry, not sorry.

Lauren is currently a senior at UTSA who is obsessed with anything involving music and pop culture. She is one of the Campus Correspondents for HC UTSA, and is in charge of social media and editing. You can catch her traveling across the country for concerts, eating Whataburger fries, or constantly scrolling through her social media feeds.