The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

I have always had a loving relationship with my hair. While I try to take care of it, I’m also not opposed to trying new things or cutting it. About a month ago, I started using Kristen Ess shampoo, conditioner, leave-in conditioner, blow dry mist, and most recently, her gloss. Here is my experience with all of her products.

The Shampoo and conditioner

Starting with her shampoo and conditioner, I had a pretty rough start getting used to it. I’m not used to higher-end shampoo and conditioners since they are usually pricey, but these are still in a range for me to be able to afford them. I had to relearn how to wash my hair. I learned, for me, not to shampoo the ends because it can dry them out, and not condition the scalp because it can get too oily. After getting through the rough patch, I LOVE this shampoo and conditioner. My hair feels healthier, and it’s fragrance-free which I like a lot.

leave-in conditioner

The next product I use daily is her leave-in conditioner. This is probably my favorite product of hers. Not only does it make my hair feel amazing, but it also smells amazing! My hair is probably the softest it has ever been since using this leave-in conditioner, and a huge plus is that it comes in a spray bottle.

blow dry mist

I don’t blow dry my hair a ton, but when I do, I use her blow dry mist. It does so much for your hair, and works as a heat protectant, volumizer, and helps to dry it quicker.

hair gloss

Last, but definitely not least, I tried her hair gloss recently. I bought the Crystal Quartz Signature Gloss, which is a clear gloss for any hair color. They have many different colors that are meant to last 4-6 weeks. I’m terrified to dye my hair after a horror story experience, but we’ll save that for another time. I used the clear gloss because it doubles as a hair treatment and I have to say, I loved it. My hair feels so much softer and healthier after just one use. I didn’t use any of my normal products after washing because I wanted to see the full result of it, and it is amazing!

I have very thick hair, and it is now on the shorter side. (It was very long at the beginning of my trial and error with her products, though) But for another reference, my sister has very thin hair (also used to be long, but we both got a haircut recently) and she loved the shampoo and conditioner as well!

Overall, I 100% recommend Kristen Ess products. They are slightly pricier than most, but so worth it in my book.

Hi! I’m Rosaleigh, but I go by Rose. I’m a Junior at UTSA and I’m studying Communications! I'm a barista so don't be surprised if I write a lot about coffee :)