John Wynkoop – UME DJ Contest Frontrunner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Name: John Wynkoop IV

Nickname: Koop, JTClass of: 2016Major: Kinesiology Sports Medicine (minor in business administration)Student involvement: Drum Major for SOSA 2011-2016; IFC Recruitment Coordinator 2014, IFC President 2015; SOSA Recruitment Coordinator 2014-2016; Lambda Chi Alpha member, Executive Chairman 2015-2016.Hobbies: Gym or anything fitness related, deejaying or producing, saxophone, being with family or friends.About the contest: The contest I’ve entered for is a DJ competition where any college DJ can submit a mix and represent their school. If they win, they receive VIP tickets, backstage passes, and most importantly a DJ set for the UME festival in SPI for spring break. The DJ with the most votes by Feb. 26th will win and the winning school will be considered the top party school by the Ultimate Music Experience officials.

Why you want to win? I’ve been deejaying for about 5 years now and it took awhile before I had a love for electronic music. UME was actually the first electronic music festival I ever went to back in 2013, and ever since then I wanted to improve my deejaying and producing skills to one day get on that stage and perform for thousands of people. I’ve worked tremendously hard to critique and perfect my skills in order to at least perform at a EDM function for tons of fans. Now with this competition underway and the opportunity in front of me, I’m working harder than ever. This is a complete dream of mine to be able to perform at a festival and now it’s finally in reach. All I need is the best school in the nation, UTSA, to support me as I plan to represent the school in the best way possible.How to vote: Click on this link https://wavo.me/umesouthpadre/ume-2016-college-dj-invitational-top-25You click on DJ Koop’s mix, scroll down to “heart” this track, and bam, that easy! If you’ve registered through the website before it should be quick and easy, but if you have not registered, registering for the website just takes 30 seconds!

You can also find John’s links on his social media:FB: John Wynkoop IV or DJ KoopTwitter: JTKoop32Instagram: JTKoop32

Chloe is currently a senior trying to figure out how she's going to be capable of functioning as a real adult in less than a year. When she's not currently dealing with this quarter life crisis you can find her at happy hour, watching movies she knows will make her cry (& forcing her fiance to watch them with her, becaue #love, obsessing over her December wedding, and just generally trying to relive freshman year with her friends because she knows the best years of her life are about to end.
I'm 20. My bio is about as full as my bowl of queso. Traveling the world and pretending I'm good at photography are my passions. Texas ∞