Kayla White, friends, girls, women, night out
Kayla White

How To Spice Up Your Weekend in San Antonio

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

If you are anything like my friends and I, you know how hard it can be to find something fun to do on the weekend. Luckily, I have compiled a list of 10 places to get out and have a good time in San Antonio! Everything listed below has been vetted by yours truly, so you can trust you’ll have a great time!

Looking for some fun, inexpensive, and picturesque outside time?

Check out the Pearl Brewery and the Japanese Tea Garden! The Pearl is a historic beer brewery right on the Riverwalk that now has shopping and a wide range of restaurants. They have everything from your classic burger stand, to ramen, to fine dining. Every Sunday, they host a farmer’s market with a ton of different vendors, and shoppers love to bring their cute dogs!

As for the Japanese Tea Garden, it is completely free and the scenery is breath-taking. All of the luscious greenery, exotic flowers, koi fish, and waterfall make the Japanese Tea Garden the perfect place to relax on the weekend. Not to mention some really cute picture opportunities! 

Feeling Crafty?

Check out Pinspiration and Painting with a Twist! Pinspiration has a wide range of DIY crafts that you can do at your own pace. Simply make a reservation, and when you get there, they will have all the supplies and instructions ready for you! (I made the cutest pink, soy candle that smells like sugar cookies!)

Painting with a Twist is a class that will step by step teach you and your girls how to paint the predetermined picture. Even if you can’t paint, I promise yours will turn out amazing if you follow the teacher’s instructions! 

Into Museums?

Head on over to the McNay Art Museum, The San Antonio Museum of Art, or the Witte Museum. The McNay features mainly modern art and peaceful gardens. The San Antonio Museum of Art contains mainly historical art and is right on a beautiful part of the Riverwalk! Both art museums have new exhibits set up every couple of months so you can stay up to date via their social media and website. The Witte Museum is your classic, Night at the Museum, vibe.  It features everything from dinosaurs to the early settlers. 

Looking to Spice up your instagram feed?

Need something to spice up your Instagram feed? Make reservations at Hopscotch or the Selfie Box! These types of interactive art exhibits that you can take unique pictures with have been all the rage in the past year. P.S. You can get a student discount at Hopscotch and the Selfie Box! Just don’t forget your school ID. 

A true taste of San Antonio culture

You’ll have to visit the Historic Market Square downtown! This indoor and outdoor market is filled with lively music, small and local businesses, and traditional food. These businesses sell a wide range of fun items such as clothing, jewelry, trinkets, and decorations. While you are there you have to try Mi Tierra! For the past 80 years, Mi Tierra has been serving some amazing Tex-Mex entrees and Mexican desserts in San Antonio! The Mexican Dinner Plate and Tres Leches are always my go-to at Mi Tierra. Don’t forget to save room for the churro and agua frescas stands! The days they are open change from time to time so make sure you check the hours of operation before you make plans!

I hope this helped give you some ideas for your next weekend out, have fun San Antonians!

Hi, I'm Bailey! I'm a sophomore at UTSA, majoring in Communications with a Public Relations focus. On my page you'll find many articles ranging from environmental issues to feminism to how to throw the best girl's weekend trip!