roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Spot a Basic Girl on Campus in the Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

September 8th meant the beginning of the most basic time of the year for all girls everywhere – Fall. Starbuck’s “Pumpkin Spice Latte” was officially available and that meant the beginning of sweaters (even if it’s still 90 degrees outside), leggings, and pumpkin carving. In case you didn’t know how, here’s how to spot a basic girl on campus this fall.

1) They love pumpkin spice everything (coffee, donuts, candles, ice cream, bagels, froyo…pizza)

2) Not only does she LOVE anything-pumpkin spice, but also she instagrams every pumpkin spice item she buys.

3) Fall is her favorite holiday, because, like, sweaters.

4) You can normally catch her wearing a variation of big sweaters: long-sleeved t-shirts, or flannel button downs, with yoga pants, and some type of vest or scarf and riding boots or Uggs,.

5) Her insta is filled with selfies showing off her new infinity scarf and red lipstick.

6) Her insta is also filled with gratuitous pictures of her rolling in leaves, jumping in leaves, or just…leaves.

7) She has let everyone in the twitterverse know how excited she is for “No Shave November”, and sweaters because #chipotlebaby

8) She’s dragged her boyfriend to the pumpkin patch to take pictures on a hayride.

9) She’s turned a Friday night into a pumpkin carving party.

10) She all of a sudden, like, really loves football #wedemboyz.

11) Halloweentown and Hocus Pocus are her fave movies.

12) She’ll be sporting the new rose gold iPhone, because “pink is the new black”.

13) For Halloween, she’ll probably be a “sexy ______”

14) She’s #hashtag so grateful for all her friends and family.

15) She’s probably you, because lets be honest, we all love fall.

Chloe is currently a senior trying to figure out how she's going to be capable of functioning as a real adult in less than a year. When she's not currently dealing with this quarter life crisis you can find her at happy hour, watching movies she knows will make her cry (& forcing her fiance to watch them with her, becaue #love, obsessing over her December wedding, and just generally trying to relive freshman year with her friends because she knows the best years of her life are about to end.
I'm 20. My bio is about as full as my bowl of queso. Traveling the world and pretending I'm good at photography are my passions. Texas ∞