sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Make Your Apartment Spooky AF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! The Ugg boots are about to get dusted off and pulled out of the closet and Pumpkin Spice is becoming a way of life!

But the most important thing about it finally being October is Halloween.

Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday EVER and the spook is already alive in my soul for Fall 2017! I already changed my Twitter Persona to a spooky name, and I already began slowly decorating my apartment.

I’m thankful for my amazing roommate who lets me do whatever the hell I want to our place (you’re the real MVP).

I’m always ballin’ on a budget, but I refuse to let that stop me from making my apartment spooky AF!

Here are a few of my best tips:

1.       Sometimes less is more!

You don’t have to go all out to make a festive statement. A simple banner, some spooky confetti, or some cobweb will help spice up your living space.

2.       Buy decorations at Target!

Everyone loves Target, and if you don’t… you have issues. I found a few of my decorations at Target last year that I have been able to reuse this year. When shopping at Target, just stay at the section at the front of the store that has the $1, $3, and $5 items. This is personally my favorite section of the entire store! I found items like colorful cobwebs and battery powered orange lights for less than $3.

3.       Don’t sleep on Walmart, though!

I also found some AMAZING items in the Halloween section of Walmart! I bought items like a new banner, hanging skulls, and decorative small versions of Halloween baskets to hold candy for less than $5!

4.       Try a Dollar Store!

If you are currently living off ramen, don’t fret (we have all been there). You can shop at stores like Dollar Tree that have EVERYTHING for a dollar and get a bunch of items to decorate your living space!

Lauren is currently a senior at UTSA who is obsessed with anything involving music and pop culture. She is one of the Campus Correspondents for HC UTSA, and is in charge of social media and editing. You can catch her traveling across the country for concerts, eating Whataburger fries, or constantly scrolling through her social media feeds.
Dallasite located in San An / UTSA / Popsicle & Milkshake Enthusiast