This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel ready for my day until I have completed my morning routine. Having a morning routine and completing it helps to ensure that you’re more likely to have a successful day. If you don’t have a morning routine yet, here are some great examples for you to try:

1. Set a Success Mantra for your Day

Every day I wake up and tell myself, “I am successful.”

2. Meditate

Studies show that meditation, even for five minutes, helps to improve your focus, stress, and self-awareness.

3. Drink Water

Drinking water when you first wake up helps you to hydrate and flush out toxins from your body. 

4. Eat a Great Breakfast

If you have the time, try to have a healthy breakfast. Eating breakfast is linked to having better concentration and memory, which are definitely needed for those morning classes.

5. Turn on your Favorite Tunes

When you’re getting ready in the morning, pump yourself up with your favorite songs. No matter what music you listen to, anything that makes you feel ready for the day is perfect!

6. Write Down your Goals for the Day

Writing down what you want to accomplish for the day not only helps you to understand your daily tasks but also helps you to be more productive as well.

These are some examples of tactics to improve your morning routine. If you want to have a successful day, give one of these tactics a try!

Junior studying Communication with a Civic Engagement minor at the University of Texas at San Antonio.
Lauren is currently a senior at UTSA who is obsessed with anything involving music and pop culture. She is one of the Campus Correspondents for HC UTSA, and is in charge of social media and editing. You can catch her traveling across the country for concerts, eating Whataburger fries, or constantly scrolling through her social media feeds.