How to Finish Your Bachelor’s Degree in 3 Years

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Ok, you’re probably thinking who would want to leave college early to enter the real world, right? College is super fun and some of the best years I’ve had have happened during this time. However, I am so excited about the fact that I will spend one less year stressing, getting little sleep, and dropping thousands of dollars on tuition and books. So here are some tips on how to get ahead on your degree … 

1.    If you took college classes in high school through dual credit, make sure to look at your transcript to ensure you don’t retake classes you’ve already received credit for. Dual credit helped get me a whole semester ahead. But if you didn’t take dual credit classes, don’t worry! There are many other ways to get ahead.

2.    Test out of courses. You can receive credit for many courses by just taking a 2 hour exam and passing. Check out the credit by exam tests offered by your university. 

3.    Take as many classes as you can. I recommend taking at least 5 classes every semester and maybe even 6 if you don’t have any dual credit or any credit by exam. 

4.    Take as many summer classes as you can. I recommend taking 12 hours in the summer because it will really help you get ahead by about a semester. 

5.    Lastly, communicate with your advisor and make sure you are taking the correct courses needed for your degree. Your advisor will help you stay on track.

Although this might seem like a lot, I can imagine that on graduation day it will all be worth it … We got this!  

Class 18, Political Science Major