How to Finish the Semester Strong!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

With only a few weeks left in the semester, it’s time to buckle down. While this is usually the point in the semester when most people get fed up and throw in the towel, you still have a fighting chance of finishing the semester strong…or at least finishing the semester without crawling home with your tail between your legs.

First things first, check your grades! In order to be able to prioritize the most important assignments, you have to know where you stand in your classes. Login into Blackboard, or go to your professors’ office hours. Once you know what your grades are you can know which classes you need to put a little more effort into.

Second, Go to class! If you go to class, take good notes, participate in class discussions (or at least just stay awake), and ask questions on topics you’re not sure of, you won’t have to do as much studying outside of class. Also, if your professors take attendance for a grade, that’s free points, you want those points….so just go to class.

Third, utilize campus resources! Did you put off starting that 16-page paper assigned at the beginning of the semester? The Writing Center is there to help you━not to mention that you technically already paid for it with your tuition and fees bill, *hint-hint* “Library Resource Charge.”

Fourth, take care of your health (physical and mental)! Hit the Rec for a group exercise class or even just to walk around the track or on a treadmill. Slip into the Meditation space on the second floor of the Student Union. Try grabbing a salad from Greens To Go…then top it off with a shake from Steak n’ Shake or Chick-Fil-A.

End your semester on a good note, so that you can start your winter break on an even better note!

Sydney is a senior majoring in Sociology with a minor in Psychology. She's an avid Youtube watcher and Netflix binger. Sydney's a lover of YA fiction, especially dystopian series, and she can often be found around campus, with earphones in, listening to an audiobook. As someone that is forever getting lost in books, she thought it was time to share her own stories and opinions.
Lauren is currently a senior at UTSA who is obsessed with anything involving music and pop culture. She is one of the Campus Correspondents for HC UTSA, and is in charge of social media and editing. You can catch her traveling across the country for concerts, eating Whataburger fries, or constantly scrolling through her social media feeds.