sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How Does Disney+ Compare to Other Streaming Services?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

On November 12th, the newest streaming service was launched. Disney+ surpassed over 3.2 million mobile downloads and Disney is confident that number is only expected to grow. Offering unlimited access to all of Disney’s fairy tale classics, original movies and TV shows, Disney+ has become increasingly popular for kids and families everywhere. Not only does one account allow you to watch everything Disney, but it also comes with access to all things Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic. But with already existing streaming services like Netflix and Hulu dominating the market, how can Disney stand out? Essentially, when comparing Disney+ to other platforms, we find that it’s generally more affordable and includes the highest quality content.

Here’s a comparison of the top streaming services:

Netflix: Basic for $9, Standard for $13, or Premium for $16 per month

What’s Included: Netflix has not only a library of thousands of classic movies and TV shows, but they also create their own original content. Popular shows like Stranger Things, Orange Is The New Black, and 13 Reasons Why can only be found on Netflix, giving you another reason to subscribe. Netflix is ad-free! No matter what plan you are on, there are no commercials to interrupt your late-night binges. Included with the Standard and Premium plan is the ability to watch on multiple screens at once, making it a great option for families or even to share with your roommate!

AppleTV+: $5 per month.

What’s Included: It’s free for one year with the purchase of Apple hardware. Up to six members of the family can share a subscription and download episodes to watch offline. The downside is that because AppleTv+ launched November 1st, they’re still new to the streaming service game and are limited to the number of shows they offer. But, for $5, this is still a great option for those of us living life on a college budget.

Hulu: $6 per month (Standard Plan) or $50 per month (Hulu+LiveTV Plan).

What’s Included: Hulu is the go-to service for finding programs from most of the major television networks shortly after they aired.With a subscription you get unlimited access to Hulu streaming library with limited or no ads and with the +LiveTV plan, you get an extra 60+ news, sports and entertainment channels. If you choose a Standard plan, Hulu is the second cheapest option. If you have the money for a Venti Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks, you can definitely afford this subscription.

Disney+: $7 per month or $13 per month

What’s Included: As of now, Disney+ offers two subscription options. For $6.99 users can stream everything Disney, Pixar, Marvel, National Geographic, and Star Wars on 4 devices in 4K UHD at once. There’s even an option to download movies and shows to watch later or on the go! With the $12.99 plan you get, as they say, “a lot more bang for your buck.” Disney has collaborated with Hulu and ESPN to create the ultimate bundle and savings. For $13, which is the same price as a standard Netflix account, you get access to everything in a normal Disney+ account as well as a Hulu and an ESPN account. That means more movies and TV shows to watch in-between classes…

Overall, a lot of the top-streaming services are pretty affordable and have some great perks with their plans.  Ultimately, it’s up to you to choose, but hopefully this comparison helps you make the right choice!

**Disney+ is currently available in the U.S., Canada, and The Netherlands, and it will launch in Australia and New Zealand this week. For those in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain, Disney+ will release on March 31, 2020.

Sharing everything I know about the world of Gen-Z fashion, beauty, and micro-influencing! TikTok: @siarahmaz2.0