This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

It’s fall y’all! October is just around the corner, which means it’s also spooky season. While COVID-19 is still very prevalent, we all have to change what this will look like for us so we can have fun, be festive, and be safe. Spooky baskets have been around for a hot minute, but this year, they’ll probably be even more popular. With that said, here’s how to build an awesome spooky basket!

Get your basket/box/container!

This honestly doesn’t need to be super fancy! It can be a cardboard box that you paint and decorate. You can also buy a trick or treat basket or tote to fill up with all the Halloween-y goodies for your bestie.

Buy your filler items!

There are so many fun things you can toss in a spooky basket! There are festive candles, blankets, pajamas, and so much more. My personal favorites are always pajamas or socks! Hit the store and figure out what exactly you want to include in your gifts!

Pick out some candy!

Obviously, Halloween is all about one thing: the candy. You can’t have a spooky basket without candy; it just wouldn’t be right. Take a minute to stroll the candy aisle and pick out your bestie’s favorite candy!

Grab some Halloween movies! 

Now that you’ve picked out some things for your basket, it’s time to add some Halloween movies. You can grab some DVDs of all the classics or make a list of movies for your best friend to watch! With the popularity of streaming services, most people don’t really watch DVDs anymore. Go ahead and make a Halloween Movie checklist, including all of your favorite must-watch movies for this time of year.

Assemble & deliver the basket!

After getting all your items, you get to put everything together! Grab your basket/box/bag and layer up all of the fun goodies you got! Once done, you can drop it off on their porch, and ding dong ditch them. Or you can just give it to them the next time y’all hangout, and you can see the look of surprise on their face!

I'm a junior studying Special Education. You can find me spending time with my dogs, sorority sisters or taking a nap.