Her Campus for Project Prom Dress San Antonio

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Every year, a girl will dread prom season. Maybe her dad lost his job so she can’t afford a dress this spring, or maybe she has a busy single mom who has other priorities than taking her prom dress shopping. Regardless of the explanation, girls at high schools in San Antonio will have to say no to the guy that asked them to prom in a cute way before third period or no to her girl friends making dinner reservations and asking if she wants to go because she knows she simply cannot afford a new dress right now. 

Her Campus at San Antonio wants to make sure those girls don’t have to reject their crush and forgo prom season! And even better, that these girls don’t have to raid their friends’ closets or try on dozens of vintage dresses with shoulder pads from Goodwill hoping to find something that will work. That’s why we’ve been tabling on campus to collect gently-used dresses from fortunate college girls who don’t have a prom or formal event in their near future or don’t need to hold on to that particular dress. We’re proud to work with the non-profit organization Project Prom Dress San Antonio to collect as many dresses as possible to go to girls who need them. 

Do you have a dress you can donate? Contact us via any social media, like our Facebook, so we can take it off your hands and bring happiness to a girl who deserves to go to prom and look and feel beautiful! 

I'm 20. My bio is about as full as my bowl of queso. Traveling the world and pretending I'm good at photography are my passions. Texas ∞