This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

This upcoming weekend is one of the best holidays of the year: Galentine’s Day. This holiday was created by the amazing Leslie Knope from Parks and Recreation in 2010. It’s undoubtedly the best thing to celebrate and something I look forward to every February! A global pandemic can’t stop the party, so here are a few virtual options to enjoy the holiday and stay safe.

Take a Cooking Class Together

This one is super fun and requires just a little bit of planning. Please take a minute to pick out a recipe y’all want to try, maybe the baked feta pasta from Tiktok, and make a list of the ingredients needed. After that, pick a day to hop on Facetime or Zoom to test out the recipe! Just make sure everyone has their ingredients together by that day.

Game Night with the Gals

Backyard.co has a ton of different games you can play with your friends! It also allows you to see and hear your friends through the website, so you don’t need to use Zoom, and another page opens.

Movie Night

Obviously, this one is a classic! What’s better than watching a movie with your friends? Throw on your favorite comfy outfit, grab your favorite movie snacks and start up a watch party. There are tons of ways to do this; Hulu, Disney, Amazon, and Netflix all offer watch party features. You can also keep it easy by creating a group chat and simply starting the movie at the same time, and texting one another all the way through!

Make Bob Ross Proud

If you want a longer Galentine’s celebration, a Bob Ross night is perfect. Gather all of your painting supplies and find a Bob Ross tutorial on YouTube. Then settle in for an evening of painting and making some happy little accidents. At the end of the evening, everyone can show off their paintings and see who is the best artist! 

I'm a junior studying Special Education. You can find me spending time with my dogs, sorority sisters or taking a nap.