This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Ladies, we all know finding makeup products we absolutely love can be a struggle, so we created our list of top beauty/makeup products we swear by. Check out our list below and make sure to try them out!

Dakota:

I am a girl with oily skin struggling in this San Antonio heat. Most beauty vloggers say that some products will work wonders for my oily skin, but it took me a while to find some that actually kept my skin looking decent all day. I also tend to get clogged pores, so finding products to help minimize that was tough, too. HOWEVER, I have found some awesome products that I love, so I thought I’d share the wealth with everyone. Listed below are all of my current favorite makeup and beauty products. Enjoy!

1. Cleanser Brush: Clarisonic Mia 2

I’ve used this on and off for a few years now, and I just recently started using it consistently. It really cleanses my skin and works better than what soap and water can do. My skin definitely looks more radiant and smooth after using it.

2. Cleanser: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

I started using this after @iluvsarahiii recommended it in her skin care routine. It’s simple, affordable, and it works really well with the Clarisonic brush.

3. Toner: Caudalie Beauty Elixir

I got this from Sephora about a month ago and I was sold. It’s very light and refreshing, so I use it before my moisturizer and before applying my makeup (without moisturizer). I also use it to set my makeup from time to time.

4. Moisturizer: Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Anti-Aging Moisturizer

My facialist recommended this to me since I frequently have clogged pores. Since it does contain retinol, I only use it at night after applying toner. I have noticed quite a difference in my skin when I use it consistently. I’ve even noticed my acne scars getting lighter. I also purchased this from Sephora.

5. Foundation: Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Okay I’m not gonna lie, I only got this about a month ago, but it is literally the only foundation I keep in my makeup bag. It is SO matte, which is perfect for my skin. I don’t always set it since it pretty much sets itself. I don’t ever have to blot, unless I’m going somewhere at the end of the day and need to freshen up.

6. Concealer: NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

This is such a basic one, I know, but it’s so good. Especially with how matte my foundation is, this kind of adds a little more moisture. I also use it for my no-makeup days to cover up any dark spots I may have.

7. Setting: Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

I have been using this ever since Jaclyn Hill first recommended it. It keeps my makeup in place and on point all day. If I use a more matte foundation, I only use it to set my under eyes and my nose. If it’s a more dewy foundation, I’ll use it to set my whole face.

8. Highlight: Mirame By DesixKaty Collection

Obviously I’m a Desi and Katy fan, but this highlighter looked so good on them I had to try it for myself. This has nothing to do with helping with oily skin, but it’ll definitely have you glowing.

9. Blush: Love Joy Mineralize Blush By MAC Cosmetics

I’ve been using this blush since high school. I go in light with this blush just because it looks too red if you use too much. Since I go in light, it gives me just a hint of color in my cheeks and looks really pretty.

10. Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder with Brush #12

I hate doing my brows, so this is the simplest product for me to use. It’s light and if you mess up it’s not a hard fix.

Yusrah:

College life is a good balance of hard classes and parties. There are days when you just want to throw on sweatshirt and sweatpants and go to class. You don’t have to put on makeup to look presentable because one should feel comfortable either way. However, whenever you do feel like putting that extra effort to put makeup on, you don’t have to go all out and use numerous products. In my opinion, these are the 12 products which are essential for an everyday natural, subtle and quick look.

1. Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation ($40/ high end)

2. Maybelline FIT ME Foundation ($5.99/ drugstore)

3. Benefit Cosmetics Brow Volumizing Fiber gel ($12/ high end)

4. Essence Make Me Brow gel ($2.99/ drugstore)

5. Nars Orgasm blush ($30/ high end)

6. Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso ($7.49/ drugstore)

7. Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara ($23/ high end)

8. L’oreal Lash Paradise Mascara ($9.99/ drugstore)

9. MAC lipstick in Honey ($17.50/ high end)

10. Buxom Full-On Lip Polish gloss ($20/ high end)

11. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick ($5.59/ drugstore)

12. Nyx Butter gloss ($3.49/ drugstore)

The hunt for the perfect makeup products is officially over! We hope we eased your makeup shopping experience and helped you find your forever products.

I am currently a sophomore at UTSA. I am passionate about writing and I enjoy making people smile with the things that I write. I love Jesus, my family and friends, Starbucks, Netflix, and Sephora.
Born and raised in Bangladesh then I moved to Dubai and spent my junior high years. Finally, I moved to Houston to complete high school and now I'm a freshmen in UTSA. I've always had a passion for fashion, makeup and lifestyle and I would express my interests through my writing. Her Campus is an amazing platform to execute my interests and hobbies because it gives me a sense of girls empowerment.
Dallasite located in San An / UTSA / Popsicle & Milkshake Enthusiast