This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Need a break? Need a hug? Do you just want to feel loved by someone special for once? I sure as heck want each of those things, especially during a panoramic. This year’s Valentine’s Day might be a little harder for everyone considering COVID and what not. I want you all to know it is okay not to have someone special. I like to say, “do what you love,” because when you do what you love, you feel as if you’re receiving a hug from not someone but something special. 

I understand we all want some flowers, a cute stuffed animal, and a box of chocolates, but who says we can’t give ourselves those things? I believe in self-love, and honestly, doing what you love and buying yourself things sounds like self-love to me. Don’t know how to start this whole process of doing what you love this Valentine’s? Well, I’ll give you all a list of how to go about this. Here we go:

• Ask yourself what makes you happy. 

• A love song, rom-com, good book, etc.

• What would you want to receive on V-Day?

• How would you want to spend V-Day? 

Those are a few questions to get you started to find out what you would love to do this Valentine’s Day. Now, I get it; I totally get wanting someone to buy me things I love and do the things I love to do. But hey, think of it this way, even though you might be spending Valentine’s Day alone this year, you might not be next year. I hope you all spend Valentine’s Day doing what makes you happy and makes you feel loved because you are SO loved!

Hi, I'm Natalie and am a junior at UTSA! Born and raised in San Antonio, I basically live at La Cantera mall. Catch me writing, reading or laughing too much!