This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Name: Destinye Barnes-Hall

Her Campus Role: Campus Correspondent

Major: Interior Architecture

Hometown: Houston, Texas

What makes you most passionate about writing?

Being able to express myself. I’m not the best verbal speaker so being able to write allows me to fully think and display what I do want to say written down versus verbally.

What’s your favorite Her Campus memory?

I would have to say our photo shoot this past January. I finally took a step back and saw what HC had become and became so grateful for every single girl who is in HC. It is a very rewarding experience to be their Campus Correspondent and it just went full circle. I saw all the hard work Chloe, Larla, and I put in to this organization come to life.

If you had to pick a favorite quote, what is it and why?

“Even in hard and trying times such as these, it is important to fill our hearts and minds with childlike wonderment at the miracle of being human.”  This quote reminds me to take a deep breath and realize that I’m doing my best and to be grateful for every hardship and opportunity that comes my way.

5 words to describe you:

sensitive, compassionate, eccletic, trustworthy, and sarcastic

Guilty Pleasure:

Cranberry juice with pineapple or mango. Specifically by Ocean Spray. Don’t @ me. It’s so good.

What’s something not many people know about you?

I was born in St. Louis. That’s about as interesting as I get. Oh wait, I was a cheerleader if you can imagine me being that haha. 

Who was your role model growing up?

Beyonce, cliché maybe, but I don’t care — that woman inspired me to dance and be myself. I feel like she has grown so much as an artist and I have grown along with her and I’m proud to be a feminist and have such an inspiring woman to look up to in the world we live in now.

What is your favorite article you’ve written for HC UTSA?

I haven’t written much, because where’s the time but I would have to say my “Campus Cutie” article with Jacorey. It was fun writing it and interviewing him because we were Orientation Leaders together and mainly because I think he is hilarious. 

What’s your Hogwarts House? How do you see those traits play out in your everyday actions? 

I genuinely have no idea what the heck this question is asking. I have never seen Harry Potter (Sorry Cris’tina) and didn’t even know there were multiple houses. You learn something new everyday.

What do you want to be remembered for?

I want to be remembered as someone who is genuine, kind, and compassionate but I don’t just want to be remembered for that. I actually want to BE someone who is genuine, kind, and compassionate.