This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Name: Brittany Sams

Major and Class Year: Kinesiology, 2017

Hometown: Baytown, TX

Campus Activities: Pom Squad, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated, National Society of Collegiate Scholars, and Caribbean Student Association

8 AM classes or 3 finals in one day? 3 finals in one day

Fun fact about you? I can pop every bone in my body. 

3 ways someone can win over your heart: caring, considerate, and have a flexible schedule

If money didn’t matter, what would be your dream career? food critic

Celeb crush: Michael B. Jordan

What celebrity would play you in a movie of your life? Kerry Washington

If you’re going to cheat your meal plan, what do you cheat it with? Chinese food, some fried rice

If you had an all expenses paid trip to anywhere, where would it be? Hawaii

Favorite place to eat? Bourbon Street

Why UTSA? I liked how new it was and that I would be able to be a part of tradition making.

Why did you decide to try out for Pom Squad? I have always loved to dance and I wanted to dance for a university

How was it auditioning to be a captain? The first time was pretty stressful, I really wanted the position and wanted to lead my team that I enjoyed being a part of.

What has been your best experience with Pom Squad? Either making the team my first time or going to our first bowl game

What legacy do you want to leave in Pom? The legacy I would like to leave is a group of progressive Pommies that are open and excited to try new things. 

What advice would you have for any girls trying out for Pom? For the girls trying out for Pom captains? For girls trying out for Pom be confident in everything you do, always smile, and always try your hardest. Leave it all on the floor, there’s always someone watching. For captain, be prepared to put a lot of time for it in the summer and be ready for certain situations. 

Advice to incoming freshman: Become involved, make the most of your college experience, make an effort to talk to your professors, you’ll need that recommendation letter one day.