absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Breakfasts You Can Make, AND Still Make it To Your 8 a.m. On Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Either you eat breakfast, or you make it to class on time. You know what I’m talking about. Then there are the times you make it to campus about 15 minutes early and you buy Einstein because “I deserve it.” Yeah, well, wrong. You deserve a healthy breakfast you can make that won’t cost you nearly as much. Besides, making breakfast and being on time on the same day makes me feel like I really have it together. Here are my top three favorite easy to-go breakfasts.

Green Smoothie

This is much faster than making eggs or cereal, and it’s healthier and filling, too! If you can get past the green color, it mostly tastes like pineapple. These measurements make enough for a 16oz container with ice.

• 1 ½ cup of spinach

• A whole banana  

• Pineapple chunks or 1 sliced apple

• Half a cucumber

• 1 lemon – squeezed

• Coconut water / water

You can add more pineapple or apples if you prefer it to be sweeter. It doesn’t taste like spinach at all! You can also add kiwi instead of the banana or kale instead of the spinach!

Greek Yogurt Breakfast Bowl

Yes, this is the trend that you’re constantly seeing all over instagram. They’re a whole lot easier to make than you think.

• ½ cup of Greek yogurt

• ¼ cup of dark chocolate chunks

• ¼ cup of pecans

• ¼ cup of peaches

• ¼ cup of pineapples

• I sprinkle some cheerios on top because I am a child

The one I listed is my favorite, simply because it’s a good mix of serious stuff like peaches, but also has fun with the chocolate chunks. Don’t forget, you can add so many other things like strawberries, raspberries, kiwi, mangos, oranges, bananas, cherries, almonds, walnuts, honey, chia seeds, granola, and cereal.

Nutella Toast

This one isn’t the healthiest option, but it is super quick, and depending on how you make it, can be really filling.

• 2 slices of toasted whole wheat bread

• 1 tbsp of Nutella on each slice

• Banana / strawberries / topping of choice

Literally, if you can’t make this, I’m concerned. Pick all sorts of toppings, I personally use bananas a lot because they taste amazing with Nutella.

So next time you’re running late, or even if you have some time, but need to take it to-go, I hope you think of these options. They’re guaranteed to make you feel like you’ve got it all together.

Esmeralda is a senior Marketing and Tourism major at the University of Texas at San Antonio. Her major interests include anything to do with food, organization and the outdoors. She usually buys more books than she can read, drinks too much coffee for her own good, and is a grilled cheese enthusiast. You can find her giving UTSA campus tours or actively getting her life together one calendar update at a time.