Best Productivity Apps for College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

As a result of the pandemic, I found myself looking for apps that could help me stay motivated and on task for my classes. I tried a variety of apps, but some of them were simply not cutting it. After asking a few friends who had also struggled in adjusting to remote learning, I am confident that I found the best productivity apps for a college student to have. 

Fortunately, we are slowly returning to normalcy and expecting to have the in-person semesters we are all accustomed to. Nonetheless, I found these apps to be so helpful that I will keep using them for the rest of my college career. 

Flipd

In a nutshell, Flipd is a productivity timer that restricts you from using other apps on your phone. With the click of a button, you are able to study with no distractions. Flipd also offers the option to create in-app ‘study groups’ with your friends and track each other’s studying sessions to hold each other accountable. A nice feature that I personally enjoy is that it provides optional background music to your study sessions!

School Assistant – Planner

This app serves as a student planner. While many apps promise the same things as this one, what makes School Assistant – Planner different is that you are able to add their reminder widgets to your home screen. With other student planner apps, I would easily dismiss an assignment notification and forget about that particular assignment, so having a widget on my home screen reminded me of any pending schoolwork every time I turned on my phone. This app is ideal for those who want reminders without being bombarded by notifications. 

Reflectly

Productivity starts from within. It is not easy to be productive if you are feeling unmotivated, so Reflectly curates amazing motivational quotes for inspiration. Besides that, the app serves as a mood tracker and digital journal where you could write anything you wish for those days when you want to cool off privately. Your mental health is as important as college, so do not forget to take time for yourself too!

I hope you consider downloading an app from this list. They are completely free and available in Google Play and App Store. Some of these apps were created by students for students, so it is likely you will find these apps pretty handy and fitting to your life as a college student.

Frida is a senior at University of Texas at San Antonio. She is pursuing a B.A in English and Politics & Law. She enjoys watching films, discovering new music, and spending time with her loved ones.