This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you can’t get through the opening scene of a horror movie without it affecting your sleep pattern for the next few days. Or maybe you find horror movies boring. If you’re in either category, don’t worry, you can still celebrate Halloween with a movie marathon! Here are some movies to consider and where you can watch them:

The Adam’s Family (Netflix)

In this ’90s flick, the Addams family is infiltrated by con men set on stealing the family fortune. Their macabre way of life perfectly fits this holiday season, from Morticia’s all-black attire to the working electric chair they store in their house. It’s goofy, and it’s sure to satisfy your need for a nostalgic movie.

Ghostbusters (Hulu Premium)

This classic movie follows a team of, well, ghostbusters who must protect the world from doomsday. The movie’s spirits set a Halloween tone without robbing you of your sleep, and there are plenty of jokes to keep you entertained even when there are no ghosts onscreen.

Practical Magic (Rent on Amazon Video)

Two sisters who come from a magical lineage but haven’t practiced magic teach themselves hard magic to resurrect one of their dead lovers. Trust me; it’s not as dark as it sounds; it actually plays like a rom-com. And who could say no to Sandra Bullock?

Clue (Amazon Prime Video)

This comedy mystery based on the board game has dinner guests try to solve the murder of their host. This movie is so much fun to watch, and it will leave you guessing until the very end.

Silence of the Lambs (Netflix)

This thriller features an FBI agent who must work with a serial killer and cannibal, Hannibal Lecter, to catch another serial killer on the loose. Fair warning, although I do not consider this movie to be horror, it can still get scary considering the subject matter. So if you want a movie to spook you, but not as much as a horror film, this is the movie you are looking for.

I am a freshman at UTSA, planning to study English. I love reading, stargazing and learning how to bake.