Best Local Coffee Shops in San Antonio

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Coffee has become such an important thing in my life, and I love being able to go to a coffee shop and enjoy a simple latte. I am fairly new to San Antonio, and with the help of my roommate, I am looking for the best coffee shops here. As a barista myself, the drink isn’t the whole picture. The environment and the people play a big part in how I feel about a coffee shop. Here is my experience with some local places!

Early bird coffee

I recently tried Early Bird Coffee (located at Huebner Oaks, right by Chipotle) and they honestly made me one of my favorite lattes I’ve had. I had their Horchata Latte, with their housemade horchata, and it was absolutely delicious. They put 2 shots of espresso in a large and their lattes still tasted like coffee, not flavored milk. This was my favorite of all of the places I’ve tried recently. A plus, they have the cutest coffee truck!

Summer moon

Summer Moon is known for its “moon milk” and I have to say, it is definitely worth it. They have multiple locations, not only in San Antonio. I tried the Blue Moon, but a friend of mine highly recommends the Half Wintermoon and Mochamoon! It was a little confusing ordering at first, but they were welcoming and it was a very calm environment! Perfect for a day of doing homework.

Nordstrom ebar

The Nordstrom Ebar is located at the east entrance of Nordstrom at La Cantera, and is the perfect spot to stop before doing all of your shopping. My favorite thing to get here is a simple caramel latte because the taste of their coffee is amazing and doesn’t need much help! They also have many house favorites like their Spiced Chai and the Mexican Mocha! On this trip, I tried the Tara-misu which is a barista creation and super delicious. It’s a cold brew with cold foam and different flavors to make it taste just like a tiramisu! You can never go wrong with a coffee at the Ebar.

me latte

Me Latte is also very close to UTSA, but it is a coffee truck! I tried the Me Latte, which tasted almost like a peanut brittle flavored coffee. For someone who doesn’t love peanut butter, this latte was delicious. It’s definitely a place to revisit!

Hi! I’m Rosaleigh, but I go by Rose. I’m a Junior at UTSA and I’m studying Communications! I'm a barista so don't be surprised if I write a lot about coffee :)