This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Every job has unique problems (problems being synonymous with customers). Coworkers at any place can always relate about the shared annoying phrases and actions that customers have. Personally, I am currently a barista at Starbucks and have a handful of my own pet peeves:

1. When I call out someone’s drink and SAY “decaf” or “with coconut milk” or something and they ask “This is *thing I JUST said*, right??”

2. When people act like they’re too good to say tall/grande/venti, or just make a big deal about it in general. I don’t care. Just say a size, I promise it won’t keep me up at night.

3. When people WATCH me write their drink on a HOT cup and when I make it and call it out they say “This was supposed to be cold…”

4. “Pinkity drinkity”

5. Me: “Hi! How are y-” Customer: “Caramel Macchiato.”

6. SPEAKING OF CARAMEL MACCHIATOS, if you get it “upside down” it’s not even a macchiato anymore, just a vanilla latte with caramel drizzle.

7. Frappuccinos. That is all.

8. When people complain about their drink to their friend within earshot! Just ask me to fix it for you so you can get what you paid for, no need to be rude.

9. “How are you gonna get rid of straws?!” Ma’am you’ll have to ask Howard Schultz, I simply don’t know.

10. “I want a *orders a drink backwards and in the most complicated way possible*”

11. “They don’t ask me that at the other store, they usually just make it” tells me that your barista usually just makes an assumption instead of finding out what it is you actually want.

Currently: running to class Later: running for office
Lauren is currently a senior at UTSA who is obsessed with anything involving music and pop culture. She is one of the Campus Correspondents for HC UTSA, and is in charge of social media and editing. You can catch her traveling across the country for concerts, eating Whataburger fries, or constantly scrolling through her social media feeds.