6 Non-Party Things to do During Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

If drinking and partying it up at a Florida beach during spring break doesn’t sound like fun to you and you’re trying to find something else to do, then look no further. I have compiled a list of things to do and places to visit if you’d rather stay at home and have a super chill, yet completely awesome spring break. Because sometimes your last hangover made you feel like death, and you are ready for a change.

1. Go to museums. Museums may not sound that fun, but trust me, they are amazing. If you’re worried you’re not artsy enough for a museum, it’s totally okay. I know absolutely nothing about art but still enjoy visiting museums.
  2. Visit state parks and natural areas.  Texas is full of these. Go out and explore one! Trust me, you definitely won’t regret it. A few of the more popular places are Lost Maples State Natural Area, Medina River Natural Area, Jacob’s Well, Garner State Park, and Pedernales Falls State Park.
  3. Plan a day at the zoo. The zoo may not sound all that exciting, but it can be if you go with the right people. Enjoy the day as you get to feel like a kid on a school field trip once again.
  4. Try out new restaurants/bakeries/cafes. Since you have a whole week off, take the time to explore new places to eat. Who knows, maybe you’ll find your new favorite spot.
  5. Explore your city. Many people spend their whole lives in their hometown not knowing what’s truly around them. Make the most of your week and see what exciting things your city has to offer.
  6. Take day trips to nearby cities/towns. Gather your friends and take a short trip somewhere close. You never know what fun, new things you could find!

You only get one actual break during the spring semester, so make the most of it! Go out and have fun! You definitely deserve it after midterms and a long, first-half of the semester.

Dallasite located in San An / UTSA / Popsicle & Milkshake Enthusiast