FNK Cranberry Champagne Cocktail
FNK Cranberry Champagne Cocktail
Food Network Kitchen

5 Halloween Cocktails That Are Scary Good

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

It’s that time of year again! It’s time to get together with friends, have a good time, and celebrate. Here are 10 drinks that I’ve tried and absolutely loved for Halloween!

1. Witch’s Brew
    This one is non-alcoholic beverage that is sure to be a hit with everyone. All you need is ice, Sprite, lemonade, and pomegranate juice. Grab a large pitcher, put the ice in, and then add the lemonade and Sprite before you stir. Then slowly add in the pomegranate juice to keep the color concentrated, and that’s it!
  2. S’mores Martini
    This is a cocktail that will take you to the fireside. First, coat the rim of the martini glasses with marshmallow fluff. A good trick is adding a very small amount of water to the marshmallow fluff to make it easier to coat the rim. Then add graham cracker crumbs. For the cocktail, you’ll need 1.5 oz of bourbon, 1.5 oz of butterscotch schnapps, 1 oz of melted chocolate, and a dash of cream. Shake well and add to your beautifully decorated cup.
  3. Frankenpunch
    Grab your punch bowl and add ginger ale, pineapple juice, and tequila. Top with scoops of lime sorbet and slices of lemon and lime. If you can’t find lime sorbet, lime popsicles work great too.
  4. Boozy Butterbeer
    Where are my Harry Potter fans at? This one’s for you! Melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Grab a large bowl and combine 2 cups of heavy cream, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract. Mix in a mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in your melted butter and set aside to add on top when ready to serve.
    Now, in a punch bowl combine 6 cans of cream soda, 3 cans of seltzer, and 3.5 cups of vanilla vodka. Top with your whipped cream and gold sanding sugar if you’re feeling fancy.
    If you’re feeling extra, drizzle butterscotch syrup on the inside of the glass before adding in the punch.
  5. Black Magic Margaritas
    I love a good margarita, and this is by far my favorite holiday themed one just because of the color. Decorate the rim of your glasses with black sanding sugar. Add tequila, triple sec, and lime juice. Then add in red, blue, and green food coloring until you reach your desired color. Add a little bit of ice and a lime slice and you’re golden.

As always, drink responsibly and never drive after drinking.

Stay safe, have fun, and Happy Halloween!

I'm Megan, I'm a Sophomore at UTSA studying Biology and a USAF veteran. Some of my interests include Netflix, fitness, traveling with my husband and kids, and volunteering. When I'm not focused on school I'm spending time with my husband, 3 boys, and our dogs. Follow me on instagram @shutup_mmmeggg