10 Things We Ask Ourselves During Post Syllabus Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

You enter the lecture hall looking extremely bright-eyed and bushy tailed for someone with an 8:30 a.m. class. Once you take your seat, the TA starts slowly passing out a piece of paper that will become a significant part of your life and planner for the next few months– the infamous syllabus.

Syllabus week is both a blessing and a curse: all you get to do sit back and do absolutely nothing while tuning out your monotone professor as he reads through the list of required textbooks. “Pfft, what does he know? My books are already being shipped to me, thanks Amazon Prime.”

However, as soon as you get comfortable in your own little “la-la land”, reality hits you in the face.

Welcome to what we refer to as Post Syllabus Week, my friends.

“What do you mean the line for the Starbucks is out the DOOR?! That’s okay, I guess I’ll just wait…”

“I need my textbook for class tomorrow, and my Amazon order says it has been delivered today…but why is my textbook NOT in my possession?!”

“Wait, we had to actually read last night??”

“It is only the second week of the semester, and someone has already stolen my unassigned assigned seat! How rude, I hope your Yeti falls over and gets your color-coded planner wet.”

“Speaking of planner… MY PLANNER, WHERE IS MY PLANNER?!?”

*wakes up five minutes before class* “I wonder if attendance is REALLY required?”

“I ran out of free t-shirts to wear already, I guess I finally have to do a load of laundry.”

“Wait, we already have a paper due… NEXT WEEK?!”

“My phone keeps going off constantly in my pocket, am I popular? Or is it one of the many class GroupMe’s I am apart off?”

“It’s finally Friday?!”

Lauren is currently a senior at UTSA who is obsessed with anything involving music and pop culture. She is one of the Campus Correspondents for HC UTSA, and is in charge of social media and editing. You can catch her traveling across the country for concerts, eating Whataburger fries, or constantly scrolling through her social media feeds.