The 10 Best Parts About Living With Your BFF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

My best friend, Amaris, and I met sophomore year of high school when we both made the varsity cheer squad. We spent all of our extra time together and quickly became inseparable. When it came time to decide what college to go to, we both applied to UTSA and 3 years later, here we are! Living with your best friend during your college years makes the experience even better, and here’s why:

1.     You don’t have to waste time trying to get to know one another.

Whether you’re new best friends or you’ve known each other most of your life, you’re already best friends. There will be no awkward silences or alienation coming from your bff.

2.     You have someone to support you in all of your bad eating habits.

Your best friend isn’t going to judge you for going back for a second (or third) plate of food. She’s also not going to judge you for eating a whole carton of Blue Bell ice cream.

3.     You have a shoulder to cry on when you have a bad day.

It’s nice being able to go home and cry on your best friend’s shoulder after a long day. It’s also nice that you have someone who will go above and beyond to make you laugh.

4.     You get constant fashion advice.

I don’t think there has been a day since living with my best friend where we haven’t gone into each other’s room to ask if our outfit looks okay. Besides, your best friend isn’t going to let you go out looking like a hot mess.

5.     You also get constant life advice.

Whether it’s relationship advice or an intervention, your best friend will always give you the truth whether you want to hear it or not.

6.     You have someone who is obsessed with the same things as you.

Me and my best friend are obsessed with a handful of YouTubers that we keep up with on the regular. We are constantly making jokes or saying something that refers back to one of them and it’s exhausting having to explain to someone else why this is funny.

7.     You don’t have to worry about your roommate trying to make plans on Thursday nights.

My best friend knows that Thursdays are reserved for Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal. I don’t have to explain to her why Thursday’s are off limits because she loves both shows, too.

8.     You have someone to have a random dance party with.

If you watch Grey’s Anatomy, you know that everyone needs a Christina Yang and Meredith Grey friendship — one that you can dance off the stress of the day with.

9.     You have someone to “workout” with.

Okay, whether you’re actually working out or not, you know your best friend is gonna have your back on at least dressing cute to go to the gym…even if you don’t make it inside.

10.   You have someone to go on adventures through town with.

No matter where y’all go to school together, you have a best friend and roommate to plan exciting things to do. Whether it’s going on hikes, floating the river, finding the best mangonada, or trying a new restaurant, your roommate/bff will do it all with you.

Dallasite located in San An / UTSA / Popsicle & Milkshake Enthusiast