This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

IT’S FINALLY SPOOKY SEASON!

Grab your cozy blanket and your PSLs, here is a list of some of the best movies to watch this October.

1. Hocus Pocus
    This is a staple every year. The only way to start October off right is with Hocus Pocus. You can watch it on Disney+ with a subscription, or you can rent/buy on Amazon Prime.
  2. Truth or Dare
    This one is a little cheesy, but so are most scary movies now. It takes you on a journey of what happens when you accidentally summon spirits while playing truth or dare. Find it on Netflix for your next movie night.
  3. The Conjuring and The Conjuring 2
    You can find both of these on Netflix whenever you need your fill of creepy stories brought to you by Lorraine and Ed Warren.
  4. The Adams Family (2019)
    I know this is geared more towards kids but this animated version of The Adams Family is really good. If you haven’t seen it yet, head over to Hulu and check it out, you won’t be disappointed.
  5. The Ring
    This is the movie that haunts my childhood when I decided to watch it at a sleepover. To this day it still makes me jump. If you want a good scare (even if you can see it coming) log into Hulu and put this on.
  6. Insidious
    This movie reminds you that kids can be creepy sometimes. Especially when they get possessed by ghosts. Netflix is the place to go to watch a father try and save his kid from the possession. Will he do it?
  7. Prom Night
    For some reason in the 2000s and 2010s we as a society were obsessed with remaking 80s horror films. Netflix gives you your fix of cheesy remakes that spook you just a little with this one.
  8. Black Swan
    I know this isn’t really a scary movie, but it’s one of those that you can’t help but jump here and there with the thrills. You get to see the horror behind pressure, competition, and everything in between. Hulu is the place to go for this one.
  9. The Final Girls
    This is more of a horror comedy. It came out in 2015 and definitely should have had a bigger audience than it did. Head over to Hulu to watch Adam Devine, Taissa Farmiga, and Nina Dobrev travel back in time to an 80’s slasher flick and see how it goes for them.
  10. Practical Magic
    Sibling witches played by Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman is the perfect witchy rom-com to get you through October. You can find it on HBO Max with a subscription, or rent on Amazon Prime.
I'm Megan, I'm a Sophomore at UTSA studying Biology and a USAF veteran. Some of my interests include Netflix, fitness, traveling with my husband and kids, and volunteering. When I'm not focused on school I'm spending time with my husband, 3 boys, and our dogs. Follow me on instagram @shutup_mmmeggg