This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTRGV chapter.

1.Parque Fundidora

If you love nature, enjoy concerts and like history, this place is perfect for you! Parque Fundidora is a public park, where you can spend your day riding your bike, exercising or walking your dog in between the beautiful mountains that surround the city. Plus, you will be able to appreciate the big buildings that form the history of the park. Inside of this park, you would find “Cintermex”, which is a convention center where thousands of people get together to enjoy international artist as, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber and other famous personalities every year.

2. Bioparque Estrella

If you’re an animal lover, you’ll delight in this place! Bioparque Estrella is located an hour away from Monterrey’s city center, is an interactive Safari themed Zoo; meaning you can feed, touch and play with the animals. In this nature reserve, you will get to see a large number of species and wildlife in their natural habitat. Here, you can ride a buggie that will take you through their natural reserve full of giraffes, zebras, antelopes, water buffalos, and some other animals. While on the ride, the vehicle will stop so you can feed the animals and take pictures with them. Then, you have the whole day to enjoy of the petting zoos, a giraffe feeding station, animal rides, shows, food courts, and even a pond with fishes that eat your death skin like in the spa.

3. Paseo San Pedro Centro Comercial

If you’re more about shopping and movies, this would be a perfect experience for you! This commercial place is located in the center of the city. It is wonderful place to go shopping or to the cinema. There are many high-end brand stores, including Palacio de Hierro (a smaller version of Printemps or Galeries Lafayette). It has a food court and some restaurants. You’ll find shops like Zara, Mango, Mossimo Dutti, and Crate and Barrell. 

UTRGV Class of 2018  Mass Comm Major Mexican-American Studies Minor