This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTRGV chapter.

Fall is here, and that means it’s time to start decorating our dorms, apartments or houses for the season. There are so many ways to decorate for fall without breaking the bank or having to put in too much work. I’ve compiled a list of a few simple ways you can decorate for fall.

Add a pumpkin to your decor

When you think of fall pumpkins usually come to mind. You can use pumpkins to decorate inside or outside. To make them even more special you can carve faces or anything else you want into the pumpkins. If you’re living in a dorm mini pumpkins are perfect, because they take up less space but still get you into the fall spirit.

Place some candles around your living area

There are so many great fall scents like; pumpkin spice, cinnamon and apple. You can add a fall candle to your living area, not only does it look great but it also makes the room smell great. If you’re living in a dorm candles might not be allowed, but a flame-less candle is a great alternative although it doesn’t have any scent it still provides light.

Decorate with fall flowers

Flowers are a great touch to any room. Orange or red flowers are especially perfect for the fall season. They add color to any room, and are wonderful to look at. If you don’t want to worry about watering flowers, you can buy artificial flowers. For an added touch you can pick a vase that compliments the rest of your fall decor.

Add a wreath to your door

A wreath is perfect for any door. You can buy a wreath at the store or even make your own. Fall wreaths usually incorporate leaves, pinecones and flowers. You can even add a message like “Welcome” or “Happy Fall” to your wreath to make it more personal and friendly. Wreaths look great inside or outside. 

Kennedy Castillo is a student at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley majoring in communications. She is the founder of her personal brand Kennedy C Media consisting of KennedyCBlog.com, The Simply Kennedy Podcast and Kennedy Castillo Youtube Channel. She previously worked with Riddle & Bloom as an Amazon Prime Student Ambassador. She is a freelance writer with published articles in Woman2Woman Magazine, Glue Magazine, Lune Magazine, Vinazine and Her Culture Magazine. She is the current Campus Correspondent and President of the UTRGV Her Campus Chapter and previously worked as a Her Campus Chapter Advisor, Her Campus Chapter Expansion Intern and Her Campus High School Ambassador Program Advisor.
UTRGV Class of 2018  Mass Comm Major Mexican-American Studies Minor